individual sport psych sessions
Coaches are performers, too, and deal with a unique set of performance dynamics. I provide individual services to coaches who are looking to improve their performance in the sport setting. This often includes helping coaches identify strategies to help them work with their individual athletes or teams more effectively.
- Increased self-awareness
- Improved communication with athletes, coaches, or administrators
- More consistently being the coach you want to be
- Improved problem-solving and decision-making
- Better management of emotions and thoughts
- Learn and grow from setbacks
team sport psych sessions
These sessions are tailored to the needs of each group or team. This can include, but is not limited to team mental skills training, captains' meeting, and new player/freshman meeting. I work closely with coaches to gather input about what would be most helpful for the team and incorporate the coaching staff as appropriate.
I also provide combination group and individual services where I work with the team as a whole and individuals to improve performance.
- Improved awareness of team roles and responsibilities
- Team cohesion and connection
- Effective communication in and out of sport
- Improved relationships in and out of sport
- Productive mindsets to improve performance
- Effective stress management
- Learning to navigate challenging situations effectively
- More consistent team performance
Coach mental health
Coaches are human and not immune to mental health difficulties ranging from stress to anxiety, eating disorders, ADHD, or depression. Coaches manage many unique stressors that can impact mental health.
My mental health services consist of individual therapy to provide you with tools to manage mental health issues and diagnostic evaluations to aid in diagnostic clarification and treatment planning. Because mental health difficulies can impact performance, we may also discuss how to manage this dynamic.
- Name the mental health difficulties you are experiencing and learn about effective treatment options
- Effectively balance multiple roles (e.g., coach, friend, partner, parent)
- Learn cognitive-behavioral tools to decrease stress and mental health difficulties
- Identify cognitive errors and learn how to correct these errors
- Learn tools to manage difficulties resulting from mental health symptoms
For coaches looking for educational opportunities to understand mental health difficulties impacting student-athletes or coaches, please visit my Speaking page.